A healthy child represents a healthy family. Seeing a kid in good physical condition shows that the whole family is in good shape as well. Letting your child participate in physical activities and take part in family fitness will help them develop a sense of belongingness at an early age. FitbitWatch.com.au believes that personal training should start as early as possible.
Why Is It important?
According to studies, children who spent quality time with their parents and siblings establishes confidence, independence, and high self-esteem. Being included in the family fitness workouts gives them the concept that they are a valuable member of the family;
- Family fitness improves physical health. If they engage in training, daily exercises, and strength training, they will learn the importance of staying physically healthy. It also helps in boosting the stamina and sleeping habits of the whole family. Apart from this, they will grow up with a healthier lifestyle and choices.
- If a child grows up doing physical activities with their family regularly, like walking or running, they will begin to build a lifestyle that incorporates exercises and healthy habits. Since they are so used to being active, their body will crave workouts that they used to enjoy doing with their family. Apparently, when they reach a certain age, they will start doing personal training and strength training activities as their goals get broader and more intense.
- Strength training with your family is an enjoyable and beneficial activity that your whole family can accomplish together. Exercising is a good way to teach your children the importance of working on a goal and training hard to achieve it. By doing this, they will know how to work with a team and how to practice self-discipline. For sure they will embrace the time that they get to spend with their family and will always cherish it.
- Children are natural followers. Whatever you do, they copy, whatever you say, they mimic. So why not try to set an example that would make them a better person? Basic strength training for example will teach them the value of being physically strong. Advise them that if they are strong, they can protect their friends and family when they need help. This will motivate them to follow your lead and imitate your workout activities.
Fun Exercises For The Family
Kids, in general, are fond of doing activities that involve physical effort and teamwork. They are interested in playing with a group of people because they find it more fun and delightful. It enables them to converse and share their points of view rather than doing things alone.
Letting them join the family fitness program will help them develop a strong bond and confidence with their family. To make your family exercise more engaging and unforgettable for them, here are a few physical activities that you can enjoy together;
- Playing sports. Young boys are often interested in playing sports like basketball and football. These kinds of sport are good strength training that develops their mental and physical health at the same time. It also improves their sportsmanship and competitiveness which are both essential tools if they intend to become athletes.
- Walking or running together. Cardio exercises boost resistance and keep them physically fit. It shelters them from certain diseases and prevents them from getting heart and blood pressure problems. Plus, it’s a good way to check-up on them. This opportunity will allow you to know how they are doing and what other activities will they be interested in.
- Active family activities. It may not seem essential, but a simple family trip to the beach to play beach volleyball and swim under the sun will benefit the whole family. Giving them the chance to perform strength training activities and exercises outdoor in a new environment will freshen up their mood. This is a creative approach that energizes the family and gives you the time to relax together as well. Other family fitness activities also include hiking, wall climbing, skating, kayaking, and many more.
- Make household chores a fun thing to do. Some kids are not interested in doing household chores unless you make it an exciting project for them to enjoy. Offering rewards for every task accomplished is an effective way to encourage them to help with housework. Let them help out whenever you are fixing or cleaning your car, it promotes learning in a way that does not bore them.
Your children will not be kids for the rest of their lives. So while you still have the chance to enjoy and do activities with them, grab it! They grow up too fast one day you’ll just wake up to see that your little workout buddies are old enough to make choices for themselves. Start your family fitness activities as early as you can.