We all love to have a beautiful smile and a gleaming row of even white teeth but we also know it takes some effort. On the other hand, most of us are afraid of going to a dentist. It is like a nightmare for some of us. But sometimes it is absolutely necessary to get immediate dental care. We understand that patients who are genuinely in a urgent dental problem needs a priority in emergency dental care.
Here are some instances we should get immediate care of a dentist.
- One of the most unbearable pains in the earth is a severe toothache. So if we have such an ache which prevents us from sleep even when we use over the counter pain relieving medicine, we should immediately see a dentist. If not the result will be more painful and long term.
- Another time to go for immediate dental care is if we have a tooth knocked out by a fall or when we are playing. We should seek immediate dental assistance since the tooth could be re-implanted. Here, we should always remember to hold the tooth by the crown(if we recover the lost tooth) and keep it moist by keeping it in the mouth or placing it in milk.
- If a tooth is broken or chipped we should immediately go for a dentist with the chipped pr broken part of the tooth carefully paced in a cool, moist cloth.
- When a tooth is knocked out of the position we should seek immediate dental care while trying to keep the tooth/teeth in proper position by giving a light pressure.
- If we cut our cheeks, gums or tongue it can cause direct trauma to the mouth. Hence, we should go to the dentist as soon as possible to minimize the damage.
We should keep in mind that apart from the accidents which cause us to seek immediate dental care, almost all the other instances could be prevented through regular cleaning our teeth and by visiting a dentist once in every six months.