We all want to be fit and healthy. And the reason behind this desire is not always about aesthetics. Living a healthy lifestyle creates positivity in our surroundings and allows us to live longer and to the fullest. There are many exercise methods and diet regimens that we can try, however, not all of us are physically capable of jumping straight into the fitness bandwagon without setbacks. Some people may have limited mobility because of certain health conditions, or some people are not physically conditioned to perform exercise drills. The best way to start is by going slow. One of the best exercise machines that can provide gradual progress when it comes to health and fitness is the elliptical machine. Elliptical workouts are low-impact but have the potential to yield high benefits. In this article, we will cover the perks and benefits that an elliptical machine can provide to your health. So, let’s begin with its definition:
The Elliptical Machine
The elliptical machine is a piece of exercise equipment that is composed of two-steppers, two handlebars, a flywheel, a control panel (electric), and an optional seat or saddle. The primary purpose of the elliptical machine is to target limb muscle growth and development, as well as cardio improvement. There are two main types of elliptical machines; the electric and motorised.
The Manual Elliptical Machine: This type of elliptical machine is one of the most common exercise equipment found in home gyms. They provide low-impact exercises that do not require electricity to operate. The user’s effort and limbs power elliptical workouts from this machine. The steppers move in unison with the handlebars, targeting both arm and leg muscles. This feature is one of the best elliptical machine benefits that are ideal for fitness buffs of all levels. Whether you’re a beginner or a pro athlete, you can enjoy the help of this type of elliptical machine.
The Electric Elliptical Machine: The electric elliptical machine is the advanced version. It uses electricity to operate and to adjust its resistance level. It can be adjusted to a specific speed, depending on the user’s preference and training style. It also comes with a digital control panel with a friendly user-interface. Elliptical workouts on this machine are also low-impact and safe for both beginners and pros. The adjustable resistance or speed level is ideal for people with limited mobility; It helps them increase their range of motion with very minimal effort.
The Elliptical Machine Benefits
Below are the health benefits that you can gain from regular elliptical workouts:
- Enhanced Limb Muscle Development: With the movement from the stepper and the handlebars, you can achieve toned and lean muscles. It doesn’t give you a bulky look. Instead, it makes your muscles look like they are entirely fat-free.
- Improved Balance and Stability: With both your arm and leg muscles well-developed, your balance, coordination, and stability get a dramatic improvement. You can reduce the risks of falling and slipping that may cause bodily injuries and property damage. These elliptical machine benefits are ideal for the older adults and people who under physical rehabilitation from stroke or injuries.
- Maintain Your Ideal Weight: Elliptical workouts are similar to walking and running exercises. The main focus of this training is weight management. With regular practice, you can burn fats, calories, and kick bad cholesterol out of your system efficiently. Preventing the risks of being overweight also enhances your immune system, keeping you resilient against viruses, bacteria, and other diseases.
- Safe and Cost-Effective: Elliptical workouts can be performed safely at the comfort of your home. No need to risk the road hazards from outdoor exercises and unpredictable weather. You can stay fit in your living room or your home gym. It eliminates the need for switching from one exercise machine to another to target your arm and leg muscles. If you’d like to focus more on legs, then try a spin bike.
Factors to Consider Before Buying an Elliptical Machine
Before you buy an elliptical machine and invest your money on these kinds of fitness equipment, we highly suggest that you keep the two most essential factors in mind:
Brand: Buy only the most recognised brands to make sure that the performance is at its finest, and the working life is at its best. Check out this page for popular treadmill brands.
Seller: Buy only from a trusted supplier to save time from looking over multiple stores with questionable reliability.
Features to Look For:
- Max Weight-Bearing Capacity
- Cushioned or rubberised handle grips
- Anti-slip steppers
- Stable and sturdy frame construction
- Smooth synchronised motion of the flywheel, steppers, and handles
- Adjustable speed or resistance levels
- Reactive braking system
- Control panel that’s within reach
- Transportation wheels for portability
Elliptical machine benefits do wonders to our overall health and fitness progress. Its ability to provide low-impact elliptical workouts provide gradual improvement in our muscle development that enhances its efficiency drastically. The beauty of utilising elliptical machines in your training is that they are straightforward to use, and do not require complicated assemble and setups. All you have to do is hop into the machine and go. Begin your fitness journey today, and enjoy the best elliptical machine benefits.